Acorn 2 Oak Youth Services if GROWING!
We are currently hiring for the position of:
Social Service Administrative Specialist
The role of a Social Services Assistant is to provide vital support to social workers, community development worker and other mental health professionals in offering services to the community. In this role you will also carry out office support tasks in order to keep the organization and the department running smoothly.
- Assist in planning, organizing and implementing programs that will help the clients to find access to available services in their area.
- Assist in creating e-newsletters and flyers for community development and awareness
- Refer clients to external resources or within Acorn2Oak as part of our holistic approach
- Be able to advocate for and help clients get community-based resources that would improve their well-being
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation in a timely manner.
- Assist with managing fundraisers and other events
- Analyzing tax forms and overseeing accounts
- Reporting to funders and regulatory bodies
- Assessing communities and identifying people or institutions that lack needed support
- Creating program bodies to deliver services
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings
- Respond to telephone, in-person and email enquiries
- Organize files and keep records
- Establish and oversee office procedures
- Compile data, statistics and other information for reports
- Prepare department budgets
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Program Manager
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Excellent networking and collaboration skills to be able to foster additional partnerships
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Proficiency in working with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel/word
- Exceptional organizational skills (Filing / paper management/bookkeeping)
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Excellent Telephone skills
- Active listening and critical thinking
- Excellent organizational skills
- Firm values and ethics
- Exceptional ability to problem-solve
- Detail-oriented approach with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of social service resources
If you are a motivated, self-starter who is energized by serving others and thrives in a team environment, and you meet the above criteria, we invite you to submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 31, 2023. Please use the subject line: ‘Social Service Administrative Specialist Job Application’. We thank all applicants for your submission. Due to resource limitations, only persons shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.